Saturday, August 29, 2009

Veer left

The desk in its original state. Not such a purrty sight.

Taking a break from the "pool life" I have decided to reenter my world of crafting. It has been a while since I have had any projects underway. I thought that buying a desk for my room might cure my itch for a good project. I was right. Here are the pics that I promised of the phases that I went through with this beat up desk. I bought it from Goodwill for about $40 and then did my own thing. Took me about a week to finish it all, thanks to the pool being open ridiculously long hours. I am getting back into the grove of it all.

PS. The library has a whole section dedicated to crafting and painting books!!!! It is amazing. It is like a children picture book...only better.

Took it apart and sanded it all down. Took more arm power than I thought.


Primed it, sanded some more and let it dry.

The base color is a bright turquoise. A little too bright just to be the finished desk.

With a light blue wash on top, I would say that it is complete! I added some new black knobs to it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment