Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spotlight goes to "CBM"

The intensity of stories that have been showered on me in this last week are...one word: ridiculous. Between the 4th of July, my boy coming to see me and just more random pool stories, I can't seem to wrap my head around what I call "my life."

I thought about it all today while I sat on my throne* looking out at the small children frolicking in the deep water. "You're it." "No, you are it." "Hey, that's not fair!" "You are a cheater." "I quit." Basically that sums up how I feel about life in general. There are the winners and losers of the "game" and you are thrown in with the cheaters, quitters and just the jerks who constantly win everything. I wouldn't go as far to simplify life down to a game of Shark and Minnows (which somehow they manage to play incorrectly EVERY time) but every time one of those punks yells out "THAT'S NOT FAIR" I want to blow my whistle and say "Oh kid, you have no idea." I don't think there is anything in the world that is deemed "fair." Maybe fair skin counts? Well at least I have that going for me. I know it's not that bad, and I am really am in no place to complain. Complaining has never been a becoming character in anyone. I would rather think of it as a contemplation I have about what I am doing right now at this moment and whether or not it makes a difference. That is where I am headed with this. Making a difference, doing something with what I have been given and DOING SOMETHING. Still sitting, still waiting.

That is what everyone else at the pool does, too. They sit and they wait for their children to realize that they have raisin fingers and its time to go home. Now would be the time to introduce Crack Baby Momma (for typing purposes we will abbreviate it as CBM). CBM comes to the pool about three times a week in her hot pink bikini, two packs of ciggs and a large case of Budlight. She could care less if it was cold, right out of the cardboard case will do, straight from the shelves of Shop n' Save. I watched her the other day down a Mountain Dew. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the picture, but as her brother rolled up with that gleaming blue case, I saw her nails come out and she ripped open that case with a vengence. I am never one to pass judgement...nevermind, I do pass judgement, but I am pretty sure this lady is tripping off of something else too. She comes waltzing in with her Baby Daddy (Crack Baby Daddy) who never looks quite right. His eyes are glazed over and his speech is...not right. I can never figure his name out because all she calls him is "Daddy." It really is quite disturbing when a grown woman calls her significant other?? (actually found out they are not together, but they like to make out in the hot tub) Daddy for all to hear. "Daddy, I am going to use the restroom!" I really don't get it. More stories of her to come...

Every morning we find various objects by the side of the pool. The creepin' teens like to jump the fence and swim in this hole in the ground. What it is about a large body of water and moonlight that people like, I don't know. A few weeks ago I found two pairs of boxers, a towel, a pack of ciggs and a lighter neatly tossed into the hot tub. That was mystery number one.



The next time it was an upgrade to a Miller Light can (full), a men's M wifebeater and the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time.

What was next beats 'em all. The infamous PIMP cup was found in all its glory next to the pool full with red wine. Beautiful. I finally found that picture. I know I like it and I am thinking about making one for myself.


I wish I could rememember more of the awesome, crazy weird things that have been going on! Too bad I am like an old woman when it comes to my memory. Shoot.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment