Monday, September 14, 2009

Tis NOT the Season

Pool season is officially over and now I move on to bigger and better things, at least that is my hope. So in hopes of moving past the always dreaded pool season, constant cigarette smoke and silly children, this blog is moving on. To what, is the real question. It is going to mixin's of fashion, my creative means for the day and my slowly improving sewing skills. I am sure I will always have more funny stories to put on display for the world to see.

This week I was busy ignoring the fact that I am an adult now still living in my parents house. I ran a total of 25 miles last week and worked out my abs for 40 mins ("8 minute Ab workout" check it out on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY.) My logic is that I shouldn't let my physic decline along with my attitude. On top of this I have done my bargain shopping of the season, spending $80 total on 10 items. Why buy things at full price? I don't believe in it. After taking one to many textile courses, you come to realize how much a shirt from Abercrombie costs to make. Not $25. That much is the truth.

My crafting is up to full force right now. Yesterday I picked up Playdo. Who would of thought this is what I was capable of creating. I give props to all those Cake decorating shows on Food Network.

It is blue, but its still pretty. I should investigate in more colors besides just the primary.

Added a yellow Playdo rose too.

Next on my list is to finally finish the quilt I have been working on all summer. Of course, with every project there have been some glitches. I have overcome them all except for the recent problem. All stores in St. Charles are sold out of white double-folded bias tape. Who knew that it was such a hot commodity!? Until then, the quilt will be missing one side. I still enjoyed a wonderful nap under it yesterday.


While working at the pool long hours, I had enough time to embroider my initials by hand.

Finished quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment